Vision Solutions Social and Environmental Responsibility
Vision Solutions is committed to protecting our global resources and contributing to our communities. As industry expands, it is increasingly important to ensure that we are ever aware of our carbon footprint and that we take all opportunities to reduce the impact that we as a corporation are making on the environment.
With that in mind, our Environmental Management Program focuses on a number of environmentally friendly programs. These range from continually identifying ways to reduce energy consumption to ensuring waste management and recycling programs are being fully utilized.
Vision Solutions also ensures that its employees are consistently educated and rewarded for participating in carbon footprint reducing activities.
Here at Vision Solutions, we recognize that operating in an environmentally friendly capacity is good for our business, employees, customers, and communities.
Some of the programs that Vision Solutions currently has in place include:
- Use of interoffice mail to consolidate shipments
- Reduction of paper material in the break room by use of reusable dishes
- Water filtration system rather than water bottles
- Timed out lighting in offices where possible
- Corporate use of Halogen bulbs
- Power Consumption Monitoring
- Office Material repurpose programs during office renovations
- Office location decisions based on public transportation access
- Office technology supporting e-communications to reduce paper waste
- Participation in electronic waste program to ensure proper disposal which is extended to include personal employee participation
- Travel reductions by use of video, web and audio conference facilities
- Remote employee programs (reduces office space and commuter travel emissions)
- Enabling software product downloads instead of production and shipping of DVDs
- Click through licensing for our software products rather than paper agreements
With a focus on these programs, Vision Solutions has very specific goals to help reduce the impact on our environment; they include but are not limited to the following:
- Reduce electric usage at our corporate headquarters by 1% year over year
- Reduce greenhouse emissions by 1% year over year
- Reduce paper consumption at our corporate headquarters by 1% year over year
- Continue to provide updates via our website on our Environmental Goals
In addition to Environmental responsibility, Vision Solutions also focuses on the Social Responsibilities in our local communities as well as in communities worldwide. Some of the programs we have in place to support our communities include:
- Corporate matching gifts of charitable contributions:Vision Solutions is passionate about supporting the communities in which its employees live and work, and to respect and reinforce the charitable giving by its employees. To help achieve this objective Vision Solutions will send a matching contribution when an employee makes a personal donation to an eligible institution.
- Volunteer Time Off Program: the purpose of this program is to support activities that enhance and serve communities in which our employee’s live and work, and make a long-term impact through a commitment to worldwide well-being in the areas of health, wellness, education and humanitarian services. The intention is to participate in giving back and supporting the community and to allow the employees of Vision Solutions to share in that effort. At the same time, Vision Solutions recognizes that participating in these sorts of activities enriches the lives of its employees and that they will be proud to work for a company that demonstrates integrity by acting on its values. Community is not defined as just local community, but may encompass the global community.
- Charity Partner Program: the purpose of this program is to help make more of an impact in our local communities. Each of our sites, both physical and remote, work together to select a charity to partner with and make group efforts to participate, volunteer and make monetary donations for these charity partners. Every monetary donation made by an employee to a Site Charity Partner is ‘double-matched’ by Vision Solutions.
Charity partner programs include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Local Food bank drives and clothing drives
- Support of local children’s centers and hospices
- Annual Relay for Life participation at many of our global locations
Beyond the Social and Community Programs listed above, Vision Solutions follows all industry applicable standards as set forth in the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition® (EICC®) Code of Conduct which can be found at this link: http://www.eiccoalition.org/standards/code-of-conduct/. Vision Solutions ensures that employees are aware worldwide of the strict adherence to human rights and the need to be an example for other companies. This commitment is part of the core values of Vision Solutions. Our employees, customers, partners, and communities’ highest level of ethics are always of key importance to Vision Solutions.
Vision Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Vision Solutions currently have had no environmental fines or penalties of a material nature. However, if the company does incur any in the future we will include them on our website.